Sunday, August 26, 2012

Stretching Results

Stretching Results:  
      Oh my goodness.  I hear all over the place about folks stretching, especially those who work out and do all kinds of exercising.    Even at work they promote daily stretching.  Yeah Yeah- I got up and gave the old body a good stretch like the dog does and think that I have actually done something good for myself.
      Never did I imagine that regular folks who don't do the gym and exercise scene can benifit from deep stretching.  Nor, oh my goodness, did I even realize that my muscles were so tight and probably capped full of all that fuzz stuff that had built up for a really, really long time.
First few days:
          It kinda hurts and I certainly felt it the next day, yet I  kept on chugging.
After a week:
          Wow this feels good now, still a bit tight especially in the hamstring area.   I got up one morning fiddled around the house and decided to leave for work a bit early.  As I was opening the garage, that feeling of what have I forgotten came to mind (A usual feeling these days)  It dawned on me that I had been lost in what ever thoughts I had and forgot to stretch.  Sometimes creating new habits for myself has to be put on the "To Do List" until it is second nature, especially when I know it is the best thing for me.
After 2 weeks:
     I have found that my entire being now has a more healthy thought process.  One of those days, I wanted a snack, looking around the kitchen- those Twix looked pretty good, although it just was not what I wanted.  Opened the Fridge and without thinking twice, took out that cucumber. Hmmm could this be related?    I really do have this new over all feel good thing going on, leading me into wanting to feel even better and  making better choices as to what I want to eat.   Wow could this help me on my path to dropping a few pounds?
Here's the Deal:   Stretch- not just a one time cat stretch, but deep stretches, it really does give a better since of well being.  This is for sure one thing I will keep on my daily.
Moving on with the search and action.
 Catch ya later! ~Sis

2 comments:

  1. This is great information. This is a great step in addition to eating healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, girl, you have it going on...The body does need a lot of moving to keep healthy. All your information has helped me, so, any information you can get out to all of us will be very much appreciated - keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete